The 3rd National Congress SETOC (Sociedad Española de Terapia con Ondas de Choque – Spanish Society of Shockwave Therapy) will be held in Ibiza on 17-18 October 2014 under the presidency of Dr. Karin Freitag. The congress is aimed at doctors specialised in pain, traumatology, rehabilitation, rheumatology, physiotherapists, nursing, urology, dermatology, aesthetics, veterinarians, internists, etc.
This year the following speakers with international prestige have confirmed their participation:
- Cristina d’Agostino (Italy) Current President ISMST (International Society for Medical ShockwaveTreatment). Experience and research in shock waves in tendon, bone and skin.
- Ramón Cugat (Spain). Pioneer in Arthroscopy, sports traumatology and new biological treatments ( platelet-rich plasma and growth factors, as well as stem cells).
- Carlos Leal (Colombia). Pioneer in the application of shock waves in Latin America in tendon, bone and skin. Founding Member and General Secretary ONLAT. President ISMST (International Society for Medical ShockwaveTreatment) 2011-2012
- Jan-Dirk Rompe (Germany). International reference in the research and application of shock waves in the musculoskeletal system. OrthoTrauma Evaluation Center. Mainz. Germany
- Wolfgang Schaden (Austria). Pioneer in the application of shock waves in pseudoarthrosis and skin regeneration. Co-founder of the ISMST in 1997. President of ISMST 2008.
They are world authorities in shockwave research, among the 5 of them, there are more than 400 scientific publications in magazines with a high impact factor.
During the 3rd Congress of SETOC there will be 4 round tables on different topics related to shock waves as well as 3 workshops and discussions with speakers and participants. To consult the complete programme of the congress, download it in PDF.
Registrations can only be formalized through the SETOC website. Registrations made after 5 September will not be refunded.